2017 Honda Civic Type R: Fastest Honda Ever Offered in America
Our specialty at Honda of Grays Harbor is delivering outstanding Honda vehicles like the all new 2018 Honda Fit and the exciting new 2018 Honda Ridgeline to customers in the Hoquiam, Montesano and Cosmopolis areas. And if you are looking for speed and performance ... we've really got your number.
The 2017 Civic Type R features the most powerful engine ever offered in a Honda production vehicle in America. The Type R's 2.0-liter 16-valve i-VTEC® DOHC direct-injected, turbocharged powerplant advances performance on multiple fronts with a peak output of 306 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 295 lb.-ft. of torque between 2,500 and 4,500 rpm.
The Civic Type R, available of Honda of Grays Harbor near Olympia, WA, is the absolute pinnacle of Civic performance, and ranks as the fastest Honda production automobile ever offered in America, with a track top speed of approximately 170 mph.
The 2.0-liter turbocharged engine is made by Honda of America Mfg. at its Anna, Ohio, engine plant using domestic and globally sourced parts. Completed engines are shipped to Honda of the U.K. Manufacturing in Swindon, England, where the Type R is manufactured. Specifically engineered for direct injection and turbocharging, with an ultra-lightweight forged steel crankshaft and forged steel connecting rods, the Type R powerplant is designed to offer maximum torque output in the mid-rpm range to provide instantly accessible power.
Offered exclusively with a 6-speed manual transmission, the high-strength gearbox offers a short-throw shift action and closely spaced ratios tailored to suit the 2.0-liter turbo's power delivery. A driver-selectable rev-matching feature smooths high performance upshifts and downshifts, and to help put the power to the ground, a helical limited-slip front differential is standard.
Though the Civic Type R offers impressive performance, the efficient engine and transmission, along with excellent aerodynamics and low running resistance, result in EPA fuel economy ratings1 of 22/28/25 city/highway/combined mpg.
Key Powertrain Specifications and Features
- Turbocharged i-VTEC 2.0-liter, DOHC direct-injected inline-4 engine
- 306 horsepower at 6,500 rpm (SAE net)
- 295 lb.-ft. torque at 2,500-4500 rpm (SAE net)
- Engine redline – 7,000 rpm,
- i-VTEC® with VTC, and VTEC for exhaust cam
- Low inertia mono scroll turbo with electronic waste gate
- Computer-controlled Direct Injection (DI) with multi-hole fuel injectors
- 9.8:1 compression ratio
- Super lightweight, high rigidity steel crankshaft
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Drive-by-Wire throttle system
- Maintenance Minder™ system optimizes service intervals
- 100,000 +/- miles tune-up interval
- Premium Unleaded recommended
- 6-speed Manual
- Selectable Automatic Rev Matching
- Helical Limited-Slip Differential
- Launch Control
No matter what type of vehicle you are looking for, you will be able to find a brand new or used car here at Honda of Grays Harbor in Abderdeen, WA. We offer our customers an excellent selection of Honda cars, trucks, SUVs and crossovers to test drive and we will help you figure out which vehicle works for your driving habits. And we can satisfy your need for speed.